Saturday 9 November 2013

My J-Rock Exploits in Review (bands, PVs, etc) part 1

   A special thank you to the guys (and girls!) over at SЯ: JROCK UK UPDATER, who have rekindled my love of J-Rock, and helped me discover great artists. Thank you!

   So basically I'll be trying to regularly update the internet on what I've discovered in the world of J-rock, what's come out and how I liked it, and all that. Hopefully help at least one other person to discover something good.




   First off, what affected me the most: SID released their 10th anniversary single. It's titled ANNIVERSARY, and is an upbeat, fun song. I like it; but then again, I love everything SID. It's not what they're famous for (don't expect to hear any Rain or Uso here) but it is damn good. I haven't been able find the Side B, Suna no Shiro yet; please comment if you found it! I expect a rock ballad with that one.
   They've also released the PVs. I haven't been able to get around the country restrictions of Sony's YouTube channel yet, so I haven't seen it. -shakes stick at Sony- I did manage to find the other version of the PV, the making one. SID teamed up with some really talented artists for it, though I think I'll like the proper version better, as I love staring at the members. I watched the making version here, and I think you can download the proper version here in HD, but I can't because my connection is shit.

   Also, Acid Black Cherry released a short version of his new song, Adult Black Cat. I discovered Acid Black Cherry with Greed Greed Greed, and he has shot up my list of favourite voices ever (he's up there with SID's Mao and OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder). I loved Greed Greed Greed, and I love what I've heard of Adult Black Cat. This new song has a jazz edge to it, which I love, but yasu's voice can make nearly anything sound good. Can't wait for the full song. Also, I love all the puns this guy can do with his song titles!
   ABC, at least, has an official YouTube, so finding this wasn't a pain as SID's >.> The official short PV is here.

   SuG's Takeru's solo work, I Kyou U, is out. Under the name Uwakimono, the concept is basically about him cheating on SuG for this solo. I've heard quite a bit about SuG, and I was deadly curious, so I jumped on this. One of the YouTube comments said the PV reminded them of G-Dragon, and I was like, WTF? Please know, before this, my only taste of a J-Rock solo artist was Acid Black Cherry. I expected something similar.
   My mind was blown. I'm not sure if it was blown in the good way. It was damn different. I liked the PV, for the most part. The song felt a little disjointed, and I have no clue what Takeru's voice actually sounds like, but I did like parts of it. Also, did he just rap? I liked that part. Takeru's also really good-looking, and the regular-teenage-girl-ness of me did like that.
   The official YouTube video is here.

   And I finally jumped into that band that everyone seems to love. I watched the GazettE's Inside Beast PV. Actually, I'd watched their Fadeless PV before that, and I really liked it-- that song has been eating at my head for the past couple of days. I think I like Fadeless better. I liked how the GazettE weren't afraid of putting some electronic sound in, and I liked how it sounded. It is a good song, just Fadeless was more my style. Also, this PV is fucking weird. The vocalist's voice is really sexy, and I wished they hadn't added in those female voices.
   Also, whoa, the GazettE guys are hot. Especially the bassist. Bassists generally tend to be pretty hot (hello, Aki), and this guy is no exception. I'm sorry I don't know his name, although I hear of the GazettE everywhere I don't know any of their names except Ruki, Aoi and Kai, and I don't know who they are. Sorry m(_._)m
   the GazettE's PV is here.

   But so far among guys, visually, D=OUT takes the cake. Whoa those boys are attractive. Their drummer really does it for me. They're all really good-looking, and dear goodness I hope it isn't just makeup because in my sex fantasies my drummer wipes off his makeup before we do the dirty and he's still gorgeous, and I'd really hate to ruin that.
   Okay, veering off-topic. Recently watched one of D=OUT's PVs, Koi Abaki Ame Zarashi. Apart from that the PV was quite funny (not Acid Black Cherry-level, but still funny) I quite liked the song too. Kind of... circus-like? The vocalist reminded me of Jupiter's ZIN (now there's another super-attractive man), whose voice I quite like, except when he seems to do too much. D=OUT's vocalist (Kouki, is his name?) thankfully does not have that problem.
   The Koi Abaki Ame Zarashi PV is here. I'm going to listen to their song Kanden 18gou next, and I'll talk about that next post.
   Also, I'm going to change the name of my sexy drummer self-insert fanfiction, change the names, and make a shit-ton of money.


   Next exploits shall be chronicled next post. I might even do a PV review of D=OUT's Koi Abaki Ame Zarashi before that. Needless to say, the J-rock world has a lot to discover, and I'm having an awesome time doing it.

   Oh, and on another note, am I right in saying the GazettE have a lot of fangirls? Not fans, or female fans, but fangirls? I've seen quite a few comments that would make me think so. The members are certainly attractive enough. Any thoughts on this, anyone? Any other J-Rock bands with a big fangirl-following?

No comments:

Post a Comment