Monday 3 February 2014

My Thoughts On: B.A.P's 1004 MV




Let me preface this by saying that the teasers of this really got me hyped, and let me tell you, TS released a lot of them. My Baby feels exploded for this release, and I was on when it was released real time (12:00 am KST, today!).
This song did not disappoint. The song itself is perfection. And coupled with the MV? Wow.


The MV starts off with Yongguk running in a vast wasteland. Here’s a shot:

Be warned. There will be a lot of snapshots. Also, I got really emotional, and so there's a bit of swearing too. Sorry.

And then we switch to super-handsome Daehyun in a wonderful library-like room. It’s obviously a place filled with memories, as we see a brief flashback of his girl sitting by the dollhouse present:
Look at that blatant promotion of MelOn. Look at it.
 Daehyun looks at one of those old-fashioned reel projectors, and then we see Himchan in the same place:
 

Here’s a little warning for you: Himchan is unbearably amazing in this MV. I hope he gets acting opportunities because of this, because he deserves them. He turns on the projector, and home videos of him and his girl start playing, and he flashes this:
Good God.
 The acoustic guitar starts up, and Daehyun sings a beautiful first line (I have suppressed my urge to screencap him) and then:
Maknae-line dance break! These boys are freaking awesome.

And then we get a pretty snap of Youngjae, proven #1 bias-list killer:
Love his coat
 Wha, I love this move! I hope they always do it on the music programs:


Youngjae starts singing (his voice is perfect) and we see more clearly that he’s in a maze of mirrors, chasing after his girl. He emotes really well in this MV; they all do.


Jongup’s part starts, and he’s standing in front of a cracked wall craved with angel wings.

 

Yes, he is crying. I’m getting only two things from this scene. First: Jongup can produce fake tears! Awesome. Second: let me find this chick and punch her in her pretty, pretty face. You don’t mess with the Moon Angel.

It seems Daehyun is in the library of memories, because he looks at this little horse toy-set:
And we’re treated to a memory of Zelo visiting a merry-go-round with his girl:

Okay, it is physically impossible to go through the MV without drooling, gasping or fainting at that moment. And this one:


Aww Zelo’s so tall even with her big heels he has to bend so low to hug her.
And did I mention I’m really not liking this girl?

And then Daehyun’s famous, beautiful line:

 Chorus starts up, love it, of course. They’re dancing in the same place maknae line was, and there seems to be this rather inappropriate hip-thrust movement introduced by INFINITE’s Paradise (off-topic: Hoya is fucking sexy in that. Watch him in the black, with the cap)

Okay. That jolted me back.

And then there’s this awesome part after the chorus, which I cannot screencap as everyone always has derp face.

We go back to Yongguk to see him doing this:

He and Zelo rap two lines, and then Yongguk’s rap part starts. I really like it. I’m usually not for rap (I much prefer singing) but this was really good. His voice is all deep and sad and it’s all just really striking.

Zelo, meanwhile, has gone back to the scene of his happy memory, the merry-go-round, but when he tries to start it up again it goes bust. He starts rapping right after, and I actually have to say I like Yongguk’s part better, which doesn’t happen often.

Pre-chorus, and Yongguk’s getting all frustrated, still digging (hmm… that sounded a little perverted). His acting’s good, but he’s moving around too much for me to adequately screencap. This guy, though:


And then we go back to Himchan watching his home videos:
 
 
Fuck. This is the part that made me tear up. I can’t watch it even now, while I’m just blogging.

Youngjae says that beautiful, point line, and I must screencap! There’s too much Himchan in this!


More Jongup is never wrong.

Ooh, I loved what they did here:
 
 

Zelo’s trying to pretty-up the merry-go-round, to remind himself of how it was like when he was happy.
I’m not really too happy with Zelo’s hair. I liked it better in the First Sensibility shoot.

Jongup’s still banging at that wall, and he can see his girl through the cracks.

More inappropriate thrust dance as Yongguk raps, more derp face shots I can’t upload. This post needs more Yongguk, though:


Himchan’s frantically looking through the drawers for something (he looks so gorgeous, his eyes all crystal with tears, but I’m already way past my screenshot limit). And then he finds it:

Damn. What is B.A.P’s obsession with guns? Can you just not have any fucking guns or shots in an MV? Rain Sound, One Shot, Badman, Warrior Japanese, One Shot Japanese… thank goodness for Coffee Shop in the middle, at least that’s gun-less.

Yongguk’s finally found what he was looking for. It’s in Daehyun’s library, too. But it doesn’t give Yongguk any peace.
 

 
Oh, Himchan, no.

Yongguk’s rap part that follows seems to be from another song, but I love it too. And then we’re treated to more Jongup pain.

He finally gets to really look through, and this is what he sees:

I hope this girl is dead in this song, otherwise I can never forgive her.

Daehyun finds an hourglass and tips it over, and then we get a perfect Daehyun shot:


Perfect Jongup shot.


Scene goes back to Himchan, and oh, God, why did I have to talk about shots?! Himchan moves the gun away from his happy, projected face, but oh, he looks even more pained now.

 That’s because he’s now facing the mirror, and this is what he sees:
Fuck.

Fuck. Tearing up again. Seriously, I could hardly read what I was typing right there; my eyes were so blurred.

Oh, fuck. Daehyun’s watching the hourglass, waiting for the sand to run out and Himchan to blow his brains out. I’m so glad I didn’t see Daehyun cry during this but I cannot love this look.

And then, thank the Lord, Himchan lowers the gun. But it’s right then that Youngjae just can’t take anymore.

 And Jongup’s reached the other side.


Daehyun goes into beautiful, passionate adlibs, but it’s getting really hard for me to focus on the song. Look at Yongguk:


Daehyun’s still watching the hourglass. His eyes look as teary as mine must’ve been when I was watching this.

And then:
 
Yeah! You go Zelo! Fake-kiss that girl!

Don’t do this to me Youngjae. Stop. It hurts.

That look. Oh.

Whoa. He’s been looking for that silver castle for a while. And it still hasn’t made him happy.

More tears?! No! Not you too, Youngjae!

Ugh Daehyun. Stop all these close-ups you’re killing my heart!
Still with that hourglass.

And now get ready for overload of Himchan perfection.
 

He’s raised the gun again.
And this time he doesn’t stop.

End. That’s the end. Fuck. Damn, this is just like my One Shot feelings. I loved this MV, but I am never watching it again, except to show my sisters that B.A.P is absolute perfection (and the best!). Too many feels. Too many near-tears.
The MV was so dramatic, and they have a song that’s on-par with it. B.A.P deserve some attention with this release. Let’s hope they get it.

Follow me on Twitter for more B.A.P spam and fangirling~

2 comments:

  1. I loved your comments on this music video~ it made me go back to it and watch it again and again because (like you) watching all this angst overloads on my fangirl network and (unlike you, i guess) I have to make myself go through it over and over (like drugs. I can't stop ^___^).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment (and I apologise for the late reply ^^;)
      Yeah, I'm better about it now... I've watched it 2 or 3 times since then, though I need to watch the Where Are You? MV right after, to cheer myself up ^^

      Delete