Saturday 29 June 2013

My Thoughts On: B.A.P’s Coffee Shop MV




What’s this? A new MV I’m talking about? Yes, people, yes. I love B.A.P, so I’m putting aside my laziness and getting this shit done now.

Coffee Shop is the first of three title tracks in B.A.P’s new album, released on 28th June, Daehyun’s birthday. Dae I love you. Watch it on TS’s official channel.

Okay, first off, Coffee Shop doesn’t have a usual K-pop MV. There’re no dance scenes, everything is shot outside, and we barely even have any group shots. It was filmed in the U.S, and I think they had International fans in mind when they did it, so this is a bit of a treat for us!

This MV is pure eye-candy. The guys all look so super gorgeous, and we get so many shots of them, so I have to limit my screen-caps to 20. This will be hard. My ‘Why so Serious?’ MV review had… twenty-eight screenshots. What? 28? Coffee Shop MV is much prettier. So… maybe 25. Yeah.



Some light piano music starts us off, along with a gorgeous shot of Daehyun. There’re a lot of Daehyun shots, actually, in this MV. It gets kind of infuriating, you’ll see.

 Actually, everyone gets a little shot here, so I’ll just put them up. Daehyun’s the first though, and I was very pleased.
 
 
 
 


He starts singing. His voice is so… pretty. When I usually think of Dae’s voice, I just think white chocolate. I’m sorry, I go into weird descriptions like this when I think of voices. But in this song, he’s made his voice so soft and pretty, I just think lavender.

Youngjae’s next, and you can already tell this is going to be a very vocals-centric song. What you can also tell is that Youngjae’s wearing this cute red fedora. My sisters didn’t like it, but I personally think he pulled it off nicely. Also, he’s mellowed down his voice in a different way from Dae’s– it’s deeper. It’s actually deeper than Dae’s.

Jongup starts singing next. I love the way he sings English. It’s not terribly bad Engrish, but there’s just a faint, cute little accent that’s so nice to hear.

Himchan looks so gorgeous I can’t. But this is where I was surprised (not by the gorgeousness, that’s normal). Himchan’s voice. It’s… so soft. His voice is usually just one tone, just deep and gruff and B.A.P usually utilize it like that. But here, he’s changed it, and it sounds so pretty and sweet. He’s not the greatest vocalist, but it’s nice to listen to.

Jongup and Channie (yes, if you couldn’t tell by the Dae, I will be including nicknames. I’m weird) sing again, and we get a very rare ‘group’ shot. I love-love the way Jongup says ‘winter’ and Channie’s voice is even more pleasant here.

Daehyun starts chorus, and we get a proper group shot. And, yes, Zelo’s in that hair-style! That hair-style, that prep-school student hairstyle I love on him. He’s just super-adorable. *Noona-love explosion*
We close up on Dae, and you might notice his upper-lip is a little… bigger than usual. I have a theory for that, but maybe for that you should check out my previous post. Anyway, we get a close-up of Youngjae with his grown-up hairstyle (I’m such a kid). Please, cherish this screenshot, it’s one of only two times you’ll see all of Youngjae’s head in this MV.

Dae looks so good here, I’m sorry, it would be criminal of me not to put this up.

Oh, and this Youngjae. Loving the hat.

 
Yongguk! He’s come to rap. I’m not a fan of how they keep covering his eyes with those shades in every shot, but at least those shades are cool.

 Not cool, Yongguk. Those shades are terrible, especially since you look so adorable and amazing in the shot where you don’t have them.
 
Loving those green headphones.

Jongup is back, and he really looks so good with this hair colour! Really, I think it’s awesome on him. Also, I like his casual street-style.

After him, Himchan is back with his surprisingly gentle voice, and he’s like perfection in this video, I’m sorry but I’m spamming.
Love his little pout while he's singing
 
 


What number Daehyun shot is this? I’m sorry, they show him so much, and he looks so good, and I cannot not put him up.

This style of Youngjae at the table, wow, it’s like G-Dragon’s widow fashion. I’m sorry Youngjae, it didn’t suit GD, and it doesn’t suit you. Although shoot me I do like the fedora.


 
 
Also, DaeJae moment my sister pointed out to me! Youngjae’s sitting at the café waiting for Daehyun, who’s waiting for the bus so he can get to his date.

Damn it, stop showing Himchan, you know I keep putting up pictures every time you do, so fucking stop.

Damn you. All the Daehyun shots, too?

Uwaa, Zelo! Looks so adorable. And… is he… singing? Yes! He sounds pretty decent too. 

He only starts properly rapping after we get this shot of him in a neighbourhood.

 
*Dies because she wants to squish him too much*

Another group shot, and Daehyun’s pulling over the chorus. And I love it so much, how soft he’s kept his voice. And also how nice he looks, that too.

Youngjae with a cute beanie at the beach. Seriously, I’ve been restraining myself better on the Youngjae shots, though it has been hard, but stop showing these three so damn much.

Wah. Youngjae knows how to read English? 

Never mind. He’s given up.

Awesome Jongup shot (thank you).

Yongguk at a Coffee Shop, before he’s joined by all his friends.


And the MV ends.

Wait, first:
Damn it, Channie. Damn.

And then the MV ends.

 
The MV really is very pretty, very pleasant to watch, coupled with the gentle music and voices. But–and this is a really big one–what did the director have against Jongup, Yongguk and Zelo? Yes, they sang less parts compared to Dae and Youngjae, but Jongup and Channie sang an equal amount yet we got so many more Himchan shots. Not cool, director. Not cool.

Wait, how many screenshots were those? Forty-six? The fuck? So much for 25. Knew I couldn’t do it anyway. This’ll take forever to upload. Still, I enjoyed doing it so much, and I hoped you enjoyed reading it. B.A.P are back, and they’ve delivered a beautiful, soothing song that is the Best, and Absolutely Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment