Friday 30 May 2014

My Thoughts On: Jun K’s No Love PV



Yes! A PV this time! It’s 2PM’s Jun K’s Japanese solo project. The PV I’ve decided to talk about is No Love, simply because I liked it better than I did Love & Hate. It was either this or my beautiful B2ST’s Adrenaline, and this one had more to talk about.

First off: I love Jun K. So, so much. His voice cleanses my heart and soul. I love his personality and humor code. I love his lyrics and composition (he did Game Over off 2PM’s last album, Grown, and that song is the shit). He is my sky and sun. (Okay, that is a bit of an exaggeration).
Anyway, I was so excited to see he was going to have a solo project! So even though the name of the song is No Love, believe me, plenty of love is going into this post.




The video starts off with a few piano notes and this image:

Sad song. I’ve braced my heart.

Jun. K’s voice starts up (my heart!) and we get this:
Imagery. I like.



Okay, I just like him in the red, satin-like suit and this hair, so I just wanted to put up a screenshot. Also, his voice is beautiful.

And then Jun. K starts… talking. In English. It’s a prayer. His voice is so… deep. It sounds a bit weird, and the accent is a bit forced, but by God it’s not B1A4 standard yet, so it doesn’t insult your ears. The way he says ‘tearful prayer’ though, is so cute.
After this he does a magnificent, deep pull, which honestly just feels a bit like he’s showing off his vocal skills. It’s not a typical pop pull, but rather it shows his experience in musicals, because it’s a classical type of pull.

Jun. K says to ‘drop the beat’, and it does, but it’s not a hard or fast beat. It has a slow, easy-listening feel, and a bit of… soul? Is that it? Anyway, it’s there in Jun. K’s lines, and I’m actually quite impressed with his English. It’s like Junsu’s, in Incredible. He gets off the piano, and starts walking.

Jun. K’s voice (in a mix of Japanese and English) takes us on a journey:
 

His voice is so great! I am honestly in love with it. I’m sorry if I just go on and on about it.

And then:
 
He looks up, and she just turns to dust right in front of him. I’m guessing this is about his future with her, how it’s just nothing now.

Chorus starts up, and with it Jun. K starts running:

The chorus is quite louder than the preceding part. It starts with him giving us a great pull, and then we get a nice shot of him in his other environment:


Jun. K’s concept for the solo is a carnival, whimsical theme. I love it. I think it really suits what I’ve seen of his personality.

The chorus is just a great exhibition of Jun. K’s skills and voice. It’s not particularly original–I’ve heard pieces in songs that sound like it–but his voice makes it fly. Also, they include some really nice shots of him, in his broken down carnival as well as his old, battered piano, so I’ll just include them:
 
 

I still cannot believe people think this man is not good-looking. I know, I know, each to his own, but seriously? This man?


During the chorus we’re also taken back to the blue-eyed doll, and we see he’s watching the ending of Jun. K’s love story:
 


And then this:
Bringing back memories of B.A.P’s Rain Sound.


The second part starts as the blue-eyed doll leaves the piano, and the memories, behind. Initially I thought someone else was singing with Jun. K in this part, but when I heard the rest of the album, I realised the man really can change his voice up a lot. It's just his voice overlaid over himself.

And then… rap! Yes. Jun. K, main vocal of 2PM (and what a vocal he is!) is rapping. I… like it. A lot. He sounds so attractive. I rather wish he’d rapped more (though he does rap quite a bit in his other PV, Love & Hate)

Yes, he’s sitting in his broken carnival with a panda plushie, why do you ask? Pandas also featured in Love & Hate. In this PV, it seems the panda is a kind of guide for the blue-eyed doll.
Also, any Hottests know this?
 This is one of Jun. K's plushies, dressed as a musketeer (Jun. K was in the musical The Three Musketeers then). This solo is all, truly, Jun. K.

Jun. K goes into bridge, and I just really wanted to include this screenshot:


And then chorus again, and we see this:
 
The blue-eyed doll is Jun. K, or rather, a part of him. The part that still held onto the love he had, or the possibility of it coming back.

And then…
 
 
This make me feel really sad. Not that he’s imagining her there or something; that happens all the time in K-Pop MVs. It’s his expression after. Look at it.
He’s not happy, or sad, or in pain. He’s just… blank.

I love the little fast part in the chorus. It sounds great, and it’s nice to see Jun. K move to it too.


 
 
Yup. The panda guide, watching the blue-eyed doll? Also Jun. K. Another part of him. A… detached part.

You’ll notice that the wardrobe choices are really important in the MV. The red satin suit is parallel with the blue-eyed doll’s red cloak.

The black suit with the polka dots is matched with the panda.

And the main outfit, this:
is a mix of the two.

And then Jun. K is ready, with a heart and a gun:

And his girl is ready for it too.



He shoots, and she’s now holding the busted up heart in her hands.

Music dies down as we see the blue-eyed doll has found Jun. K’s ruined carnival.

He’s finally stopped. He walked on for so long after the shot in his back.

Dramatic part, I know, but my God that jawline. I’m going to be a little gross here now. You know in this erotic romances, the main chick sometimes says something along the lines of how she wants to lick her dude’s jawbone? I’ve never understood that. Until right now.
Carry on.

Nope. Can’t carry on. Cannot.

It’s the mechanical heart. It belongs to the blue-eyed doll. Even the arm he used to destroy it has fallen off.

And Jun. K enjoys one last memory with his love.

The song ends with Jun. K’s Love & Hate logo.



So what I get from the PV is this: the panda and the doll are both parts of Jun. K. The panda is the one that’s empty and hollow. The doll is still wrapped in memories of his love. Eventually it discovers the place where Jun. K’s gone to find closure, and destroys his heart– the heart that still believed his love would come back.

The PV is great. The song even more so. I had a lot of fun going into this PV, and I love the song and the message with it. I’m also working on reviews of Jun. K’s Love & Hate mini, as well as INFINITE’s Season 2 album, so plenty to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment