Saturday 20 December 2014

Some Sentimental Rambling




This post? Basically some long-winded rambling about the end of my 4-year-running Wattpad series.

(Four years. Seriously? It should be five, no? I’m 18 now, I remember being 13 then. I think I’m just gonna say five)
Okay, do-over.

This post? Basically some long-winded rambling about the end of my 5-year-running Wattpad series.

Alright, now we’re ready.



I thought I’d keep going and on about this, but now that I’m actually here, I don’t even know what to write. This series has been fun and frustration for me. Sometimes I got bored and abandoned it, but in the end I came back, because I couldn’t imagine truly leaving it.
I’ll separate this into sections, yeah?


Conception

I have no idea where this story came from. I believe it’s a remnant of this very old fantasy-romance I half made, where a wounded warrior sneaks into a lady’s castle and you know the drill.

The pervert part came from a character in Inuyasha. You know Inuyasha, right? Right?


See the guy in the purple and black? That’s Miroku. He was my favorite character (and possibly my most favorite anime character ever) and he was a major pervert. He was also serious, romantic and intelligent. A real package deal (you know, if you don’t count the cursed black hole in his hand).

Around this time I wanted to try and write a ‘commercial’ story as compared to the weird pieces of shit I usually write, and I thought my old template was perfect. Add in a cute teenage girl and a thief element, and it’s all set.


Characterization

Travis is a bit of an amped-up version of Miroku in some aspects. The intelligent and romantic part comes in later. I wanted to make him light-hearted and fun, even though it was obvious he’d just been in some nasty shit.

And Anne? Anne was me. A much nicer, sweeter, more wonderful me. Remember, I was 13 when I wrote that, and thought myself to be the most unique and quirky girl ever. I grew out of that, and I’m just really thankful I didn’t make Anne too quirky (New Girl, I’m looking at you)

And then the characters grew. It happened naturally initially, and then I put some more effort in it. Lots of big things happened, and it would be weird if they didn’t change. Travis grew up. So did Anne. I tried to not to change them too much, but enough to show they’d really been through a lot together. I was just happy my characters were loved by my readers.

And oh, yes. My favorite character. Initially it was Travis, of course. But for a while now, even before he was introduced in the story, it’s been Suzuki.
Good God I love that character. A bit too much, definitely. It took all my self-control not to shove him into every chapter. He’s been carried in from another fantasy idea I’d nurtured for a while. He was a mercenary there. In fact, apart from his change of occupation, he’s almost exactly the same. He has a cute younger sister (her name was Rinna, with two N’s), was flirtatious and deadly, and was foreign, from a country that was modeled off Japan. And he was bi there too.
His ex is my second-favorite character in the series.


Casting

Don’t ask me who those characters’ images are. I really don’t know. Good ol’ Google Image helped me on that one. Only three of my characters have proper actors, and apart from Suzuki they’re just side characters– Suzuki’s ex and Ryan. This is actually the same Ryan in my Stuck with Him story (if the mention of his male friend Ashley wasn’t enough).
Thomas Dekker looking yummy

I think the girl who’ve put as Anne is absolutely beautiful. Really pretty, with a sweet, innocent look. Just perfect, really. I think most of my readers felt the same way.


The Travis casting is more divisive. I personally love the guy:

But recently I’ve got a couple of comments saying he’s too feminine? I don’t know, he looks fine to me. Travis is supposed to be a pretty-boy-type. I don’t think he’s too pretty, but then again, I’ve always had a partiality to the pretty ones.


Just some of my favourite (male) singers.

Continuation

(I’m sorry. Awful title, but I couldn’t think of another C word except this one)

So will we get more Travis and Anne? No new adventures, no. I don’t have any plans for that. Maybe in the future, but for now I’m excited for other projects.

But I am writing more about them. I’ve decided to re-write the first part of my story. It needs a complete overhaul, so instead of editing the chapters, I’m just gonna start it anew. Everything will be rewritten, and new chapters and adventures will be added too– including Anne’s birthday, and Christmas chapters. So… stay excited, I guess?


And of course, last, but not least, thank you to my readers. I think you’ll get it if I simply say that I’m so grateful for you guys, and I that I love you <3 p="">


And I think that’s enough sentimental rambling for now. Let’s end this before we all start slipping on the grease, yes?

~cheesepuff

1 comment: