Thursday 26 July 2012

SID's Top 10 Videos


SID are a Japanese band who do primarily rock, as well as jazz and something called ska, according to their wikipedia page. They are, to me, undoubtedly the best band in the world. Seriously, I can sing along to their songs, even if I don’t understand more than three words.

And so, I present to you, ten of the best SID videos (I will be referring to them as PVs, meaning Promotional Videos). I highly recommend the song in each of them, but it’s the actual video that I’m presenting.

And, in no particular order:

Ajisai


It is in random order, but this song will be at the top of every list I make– and being the SID fan I am, you can expect more. But I love this song– it’s one of SID’s oldest, being the first track in their first full album Ren’ai. It’s just so rock, and still beautiful, and haunting and is everything that SID was in the Ren’ai period.


Alibi


The iconic SID video. You can recognize Mao’s eye make-up and ice-cream pink pants anywhere. And the other members look gorgeous too, even if Aki is playing bass left-handed (that has always bothered me). I’m not really a jazz fan, but I love how SID play it.


(I tried to embed the video... failed)
One of SID’s newest PVs, released last year September. They all look amazing, though if you can take your eyes off Aki I will be impressed. The broken glass and crystal theme really goes with the song. It’s a rock ballad, SID’s most successful theme, and this one peaked #2 on the weekly charts.


Mitsuyubi


Added mostly because they all look terrific, not really for anything else. I like the tube-lights, though. Now, let’s stare at uber-pretty Mao while he wows us with his great voice.


Namida no Ondo


Yes, Mao is pretty. No, he’s not a girl. Yes, the members aren’t that bad at acting. I’m not too big a fan of this song, to be honest. But I do appreciate that it’s beautiful.


Uso

シド 嘘 - SID USO PV por animesDark  no Videolog.tv.

You might recognize this song if you’re a Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood fan; this was the first ending theme for that anime. And the PV of it is gorgeous, with those beautiful lighted flower fireworks. And, of course, they all look great. I love how Shinji plays that acoustic guitar.


‘S’



SID’s newest PV. So unlike SID’s usual style visually, and it sounds like something older of theirs. I love how it’s so dark and grungy. And while my sisters may have criticized him, I think Mao looks cool with that cigarette.


Sweet?


Old song, as you might be able to tell by weirdness. Overload of make-up, but I like it. I also have a weird fascination with what Mao does with his eyes while he’s singing. He looks real pretty here, but in a rather weird sort of way? And everyone agrees– Aki’s weird dancing is sexy.


Monochrome no Kiss




My sister’s favourite SID song, and not surprisingly so. The song is original, rockish and very cool. The video is spectacular. I love Aki’s hairstyle, and this is one of the few PVs where they’re dressing with a theme. I love that they’re playing on a pool.


Damn it. Damn all these Ki/oon era songs that aren't on YouTube!
Again, not one of my favourite songs, but one of my favourite PVs. The special effects are magnificent. The background gorgeous. Mao and Aki even more so. Shinji and Yuuya look great too, but I can’t get over how pretty Mao and Aki are. And the falling snowflakes? Wonderful


Special mention:
Smile


Not the best video (damn weird, too), but just skip to 02:42 and look at Mao’s smile. It’s so cute; I don’t know why he’s so shy about it. I just replay this video to see him smile– it always makes me smile.


Sorry for this overly-long post on nothing but fangirling. I just had to share this list. I most definitely will be posting How Not to Write a Book next, so don’t get scared away by my love for this overly pretty man and his band!

No comments:

Post a Comment