Saturday 24 November 2012

That Super Hot Pervert is Mine: Chapter 1

Everyone's favorite pervert is back, with a sequel! Follow Anne on her relationship with Travis, after being rid of his pursuer for good. But even now they can't seem to have a normal life, with a unreadable, powerful businessman controlling Travis, and a mysterious person he's dying to avoid...
Description fail. I suck at writing descriptions.



   Chapter 1



I sighed, checking the time on my watch. A quarter past three. Late. Again.
The guy didn’t know the meaning of punctuality. And that might be literal.
I looked around, not tired of the environment I was in. The air was clean and crisp, carrying the fresh winter scent in it. The lake in front of me was still, devoid of the ducks that usually kept me company. I vaguely wondered where they’d all gone, before it hit me that they’d all migrated south for the winter.
I stared at the lake, watching the reflection of the gray clouds. I wondered how cold the water was. Or who’d save me if I fell in.
The park had relatively few people, but I recognized the regulars. There was that old guy whose name I didn’t know until three days ago–Mr. Branson, that was his name–plus that hippy-looking guy who was probably some really rich guy who could afford to hang around the park all day and night.
“You know, shimmering lake under bright stars and food with your loved one.”
“Park at night? You know, people get raped there. Gangs hang out at parks at night and do drugs.” Geez. Did that guy have a romantic bone in his body?
My hand immediately went up to the pendant on my necklace as an answer. It was made of overlapping rings, with a few stones on them. You could hardly tell it was homemade.
It was the most precious thing I owned. Every time I touched it, as I did then, I felt… love. And I mean that in the least corny way possible.
“Hope I haven’t kept you waiting for too long.”
The words came from right next to my ear and I started. I relaxed right after though, and smiled. “I almost got wrinkles waiting for you.”
Travis jumped over the backrest and sat down beside me on the bench. “Wrinkles? You? Never.”
He leaned forward and pulled me into a kiss. His body felt warm as I put my arms around his neck, and he wrapped his around my waist. I finally pulled away while I still had some breath left in me, and inspected his face.
Travis was as good-looking as ever. That dark brown hair, those perfectly black eyes. That smirk of his– it just made him look even better.
“Really, can’t you ever be on time?” I sighed, shifting so that I could lean backwards into him. “We’ve been meeting up here since forever.”
“Yeah, but I was busy,” Travis said innocently. “The college is so far from here, and I had to walk.”
I couldn’t help but grin. “Aww, you’re a college kid now.”
“I know, right?” I could hear the grin in his voice. “Never thought it’d happen.”
“What, expected to just roam around all your life, stealing stuff and then giving it back?”
“Pretty much,” Travis said, and I could feel him shrug against me. “I never expected… this.” He paused. “I’m glad for it, though.”
“Me too.” I snuggled into him.
His arms went around me, and in the cold winter breeze everything felt perfect. Travis was so close to me, the presence his arms creating this warm sensation in my heart. One of his hands was on my waist, and the other…
“Hey,” I said, trying to keep the grin out of my voice. “Are you trying to feel me up?”
“No,” Travis lied obviously.
“Well, stop,” I said. “We’re in public.”
“Oh, come on, there’s hardly anybody here,” he said, and I could hear from his voice that he was smiling. “The old guy’s gone off on his walk, and there’s just that hippy guy.” He paused. “He probably comes here at night to–”
“Do drugs?” I finished for him with a laugh.
“No,” he said seriously. “To have a romantic meal with his girlfriend with the shimmering lake and… uh… what was it?”
“Bright stars,” I said, grinning. “Shimmering lake and bright stars.”
“Ah,” Travis said. There was a pause, and I could almost hear him thinking. “Do you want me to do that? Y’know, pack a… picnic basket or something? You’d actually have to sneak out of your house.”
“No, not really,” I said. “But it’s sweet of you to offer.”
“Hey, you baked cookies for me,” Travis said. “The least I could do is make you a couple of sandwiches.”
“You didn’t eat any of the cookies I baked for you,” I pointed out.
“I value my health and sanity.”
“That’s not very nice,” I pouted. “I worked hard on those.”
“Oh, come on Anne, face it,” he said. “Those things were torture devices for the tongue. My body had already been through too much.”
I felt my heart buckle under some sudden new pressure. “Are you sure you’re okay?”
“I’m fine,” Travis said, and he sounded perfectly genuine. “The injuries weren’t deep. He didn’t want me to die. I’m more worried about you right now.” His hand moved up to my cheek.
“It was just one cut,” I brushed off.
“But he got your face,” Travis said quietly, in the grimmest voice humanly possible.
“Yeah? I’m not attractive to you anymore?”  
I meant it jokingly, but Travis took it seriously and hurriedly said, “No, of course not. I mean, uh– of course you are. Attractive. Not unattractive. You are attractive.”
I had to laugh at his frantic reply. “I didn’t mean that. I mean, your chest is all hard and slashed. I still find you attractive.”
“Yeah, because I’m a guy,” Travis said. “Scars on guys are hot. And it’s not on my face. Thank goodness.”
“Thank goodness,” I said, rolling my eyes. “It’d be shame if your pretty face were to get scratched.”
“Pretty is not a compliment for guys,” Travis said. “And you should’ve seen the guy Ackerman sent to talk to me. He was pretty.”
There. There was that unease. It came in once in a while, like a snake, slithering up me, threatening to eat me from the inside. The snake seemed drawn by this Ackerman guy’s name. Every time I heard it, the creature raised its head, ready.
“Travis, what exactly do you know about this Ackerman guy?” I asked.
“Not much,” he shrugged. “I think that’s just about all I’m supposed to know.”
“I don’t like this,” I said, shifting uneasily. “You’re putting so much on a guy you know nothing about.”
“I don’t see any other option, Anne,” Travis said. “Really, it’s too late now. Mr. Ackerman’s done a lot for me. I just have to wait until I can do something for him.”
“Like this,” I said. “What exactly do you have to do for him?”
“I don’t know.”
I could tell from his tone that Travis didn’t want to talk about it, but how could I let it go? I was worried. He’d already been through so much. Travis kept talking about how much influence this Ackerman guy had. That meant he was plenty dangerous too.
“I really think you should find out more about him,” I said. “Really, I mean–”
“Anne, I can’t,” Travis said shortly.
I pulled away from him to look at his face. “And why not?”
“I just can’t,” he sighed. “I’ve never met him, only heard of him. The only contact I’ve had with him has been through that pretty guy who found me. He was really pretty. I’m kind of jealous.” He paused. “Looks like ‘pretty’ is a compliment for guys.”
“I can tell you’re trying to change the subject,” I said.
“Is it working? Is your curiosity piqued?” he gave be a devilish grin. “Do you want to see the guy who actually made me envious?”
I was curious. But I wasn’t letting this get away. “You should ask him about Ackerman,” I said.
“I don’t think he’ll tell me anything,” Travis said. “And he was actually kind of scary.”
“Stop trying to change the subject to the scary, pretty guy,” I said.
“Alright, fine,” he sighed. “I’ll talk to the scary, pretty guy, okay? Happy?”
“Yes,” I said brightly, and I snuggled into him again. “Now, how was he pretty?”
“You were curious!” Travis said triumphantly. “I win!”
I laughed. “Making me curious was your big challenge? I’m a pretty curious person.”
“Which ensures I always win,” he said, and I could hear the obvious grin. “Seriously. I don’t understand– oh, fuck.”
“what? What is it?” I pulled away from him and looked around, worried. My first thought was that Lex had somehow returned from the dead and was now some ghost ready to torture us. Wouldn’t put it past him.
Guy was crazy. If anyone could come back as a ghost, it’d be him.
“Nothing,” Travis said, but his voice was quick and panicked. “Let’s go.”
He suddenly got up and yanked me up as well. Before I could even absorb what was happening, he was pulling through the park.
“Hey, what’s up?” I asked, my feet struggling to keep up with him. Any faster and I’d be running.
“Nothing,” he said, and his voice sounded so genuine I would’ve believed him. If he wasn’t walking like he was trying to break the sound barrier.
I let him pull me out of the park, and once we were back out by the street I yanked my hand away. “What’s wrong?”
“Nothing,” Travis repeated, and this one sounded perfectly innocent.
“‘Nothing’ wouldn’t make you drag me out of there like there were hellhounds at our heels,” I said. “What was it? Did you see something–?”
“It was nothing,” Travis said warmly, putting his hands on my shoulders. “I was just getting a little cramped sitting there. I like to move around, y’know.”
“You like to move around?” I said in disbelief. There had been times when I’d left for school in the morning and come back eight hours later to find him in the same place. And not just a few times. Many times.
“Recently,” Travis said, smiling at my sharp look. “Now, come on. Your brother shouldn’t be home.”
“Back to my house?” I raised an eyebrow. “And I thought you’d become at least half-normal.”
“Me? Never,” he gave a mischievous grin that bordered on perfect. “Now, did Keith bake more cookies?”
“No,” I said. So Travis still liked Keith’s baking. Damn them both.
“Aww,” Travis whined like a disappointed little kid.
“He made a cake,” I sighed. Keith had baked a flourless orange cake. I don’t understand how you can have a cake without flour. It’s unnatural. It’s also the most amazing thing I had ever tasted.
Did I already say Keith should be damned? Yeah.
If Travis was any more excited he’d be jumping up and down and clapping his hands. “Let’s go,” he said, and he grabbed my hand.
I could feel him bubbling with anticipation as we walked, but that snake was writhing around inside me again. What had made Travis hurry us out of the park? What had he seen? Was it someone like Lex again? Or could it be one of Ackerman’s agents?
I held Travis’s hand tighter and glanced sideways at his handsome face. Would he ever have a normal, peaceful life?



Anne

Travis


Pictures of all my characters available at my PhotoBucket.
 

Thanks for reading!

Well, the story won! So head on over to my Wattpad account, where I'll be posting new chapters.

Also, check out my new story's first chapter: Living with the Boys (with character images here)

32 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the comment! First vote, in!

      Delete
    2. Sequel please!!! I really want a sequel really good first chap

      Delete
  2. Sequel please !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah definite sequel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. please make a sequel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what is the name of the guy in the picture that plays Travis? Btw, love your story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have no idea. I just googled for a cute brown-haired guy, and he came up! Same with Anne. And oh, thank you. I'm glad you like it. :)

      Delete
    2. Sequel please before i die!!!!

      Delete
  6. SEEEEEEEEQUELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sequel please and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SEQUEL! SEQUEL! SEQUEL! Please!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm gonna be different here and won't say to make a sequel...even though you really should. xD Can't get enough of Anne and Travis.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please do write a sequel!!! you are am amazing writer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SEQUEL PLEASEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  12. It won't let me actually vote but this is my choice...PLEASE MAKE A SEQUEL TO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE?? AS A LATE CHRISTMAS GIFT????

    ReplyDelete
  13. SEQUEL PRETTY PLEASE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sequal!!!!!!!! Please :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sequel!!!!!!!!!! Or I'll die plz!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please write a sequel!!!! I started reading your book yesterday and now I'm addicted to it !! Hah so write a sequel Plzzz

    ReplyDelete