Sunday 25 November 2012

Stuck with Him: Oh, What a Ride it was



If you’re here, chances are you’ve just come from finishing Stuck with Him. First things first: I love you. I love everyone– not only those who actually cared enough to come and read my rambling, but anybody who voted, commented, or even read the story. All my fans, all my readers– you guys are my Wattpad soul. I would never have finished this story if it weren’t for you all. I thank everyone.

The title pretty sums up my whole Stuck with Him experience. When I started the story, I felt nothing about it but an attraction to that smexy guy’s picture I’d found while looking for pictures for Keith, Anne’s older brother from Hiding a super hot, pervert guy on the run in my room (okay, that was a long title. Not writing that huge name again). I didn’t really find one that fit him perfectly, but the picture I did get was awesome and I thought it would be a shame if he didn’t get his own story.

Thus started Stuck with Him, or as it was first known, I have to share a room with this hot, stuck-up jerk? FML (don’t judge me. We couldn’t write story descriptions back then, okay? You basically had to fit the description in the title). I decided that instead of writing a guy who fit my own fantasies, I’d write one who didn’t. I also went for a complete opposite of the cute, girly Anne, in the strong, feisty Claire.

I have to say, I was completely stunned with the reception it got. When I posted the first chapter, Hiding a super hot, pervert guy on the run in my room was sitting at #3 on What’s Hot, so I did expect a good reading for I have to share a room with this hot, stuck-up jerk? FML’s first chapter. But I most definitely didn’t expect #1 after the first chapter. I was ecstatic, I really was. I was just glad people liked it, and not only Hiding a super hot, pervert guy on the run in my room, as it meant they might like my writing in itself.

Well, a lot of stuff happened during Stuck with Him’s life. The main one would have to be my one year hiatus. When I stopped writing then, I really thought I wouldn’t write for Wattpad ever again. It just seemed like a huge task on my weekly to-do list, and it didn’t really… satisfy me. I think what really stopped me was the starting of my own novel. I got so wrapped up in it, I couldn’t bear to write anything else.

But I am a lazy git. It’s been one and a half years, and I have written four pages. Yay me. Well, I did write more than one hundred pages in total (and about another hundred in a very rough draft that reads like an eleven-year-old’s work). I just deleted it all when I realized it was all shit. Well, not deleted– it’s still there. I like to read it and think about how far I’ve come. It feeds my ego.

Whoa, I sidetracked so easily there. Right. Back to Stuck with Him. So I went on hiatus. I just went on my mail once in a while to clean out the inbox (because the thought of anything being completely full freaks me out. I hate it). I saw all these messages and comments, people telling me they loved my stories, and asking if I would write again. And I did feel bad, but I ignored it. Damn, I was a bitch.

And then I finally got one asking me if I was dead. That was pretty much the last stroke. I had to come back. I started on Hiding a super hot, pervert guy on the run in my room as that one had progressed further, and seemed more popular (damn, now that I write this down, I sound terrible. I am terrible). So, I finally finished it, and it was awesome. I loved writing it at the end– it was so my style, all dark and action, with an insane, obsessive character to boot. Word of caution: I love bordering-on-insane characters. They are a joy to write and read about.

Anyway, after I’d finished Hiding a super hot, pervert guy on the run in my room (so much for not writing that long name again.), I thought about quitting again, but then decided against it and started up Stuck with Him again. And I haven’t regretted it.

Mainly because in that one year hiatus I had changed so much. Before, I preferred writing Anne and Travis’s story, because I related with Anne so much more. At fourteen, I was cute and girly, shy and usually spacing out. I wanted a Travis, a guy who was hot and pervy, and could open up new things for me (no. I do not mean that in a perverted way. Get your head out of the gutter, and I’ll do the same). After the hiatus, however, I was pretty much Claire. I’m much tougher now, much bitchier, more fiery. My tastes have changed too. I always wanted a fun guy, one who’d laugh along to anything. Now, recognizing myself as someone who can be very mean, I want a guy who’ll fight back during an argument. Not someone who’ll just lie down and take it, because that would make me feel shitty afterwards. I want… an Ashley.

So now, before I bore you any further, I really have to thank some very special Wattpaders. So, here goes:

Abrocks
Who remembers Abrocks? Only me? She disappeared a little before I went on hiatus. I felt such a connection to her, as she was a McFly fan too. Her story Sharing a room with four hot, but totally different guys was super popular, so I’d expect at least some seasoned Wattpaders to remember her. Anyway, I loved her, and she inspired me to put McFly in my story too.

Girl, I love you, and love all the comments you’ve ever written. They’re always so detailed, and leave some real opinion and thought, which I love. Your comment on chapter 36 of Stuck with Him really impacted me. Thank you.

Abby! I love this chick, not only for her writing, but just her as well. She’s a really cool person. She’s a sports fan, like me, and just about the only cricket fan I’ve ever met over the internet. If you don’t know her (and you should), go check out her page.


Well, I hope I haven’t bored you all too much! Now, if you’re sticking with me for my writing and not my rambling, then you should definitely check out preview chapters for two new stories. Remember to vote for the one you want me to write first by commenting on this post, or the chapter post.


They are:

The sequel to Hiding a super hot, pervert guy on the run in my room, following Anne and Travis after what happened at the warehouse: That Super Hot Pervert is Mine.

And, a new story with a new girl and Ashley’s friends, Leo, Ryan and Seth, and a very hot teacher: Game, Set, Match. (Am still uncertain about this title. Suggestions welcome)


Thanks for reading, and hope you enjoy the preview chapters! Whatever happens, one thing's for sure. After this story, to me, Ashley will always be a guy's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment