Monday 22 July 2013

My Thoughts On: INFINITE’s Destiny MV



Yes, I know I said I’d be doing B.A.P’s Hurricane MV but I couldn’t help myself. It’s INFINITE’s Destiny.

This MV… I love it. Among all the explosive July releases, this MV (and song) fits my tastes the best, though B2ST’s Shadow is also close. Really, the song, the styling, everything about this MV is just what I love. I am totally an INFINITE fan now. Man in Love, my first song of theirs, I didn’t quite like. After being impressed by both Special Girl and Without You by INFINITE-H, I was put on the fence by The Chaser. Before the Dawn and Destiny, however, have totally won me over. That and of course Ranking King.



The MV starts off with an intro that I think is just a little too long, and then we get:
L. He looks like he always does–gorgeous–but even more so. I love that claw-like accessory.

And then the solo member shots, which must all, of course, be added:







L finally starts singing, and right off we know the choreo for this is going to be wicked. I’m really working hard on not filling this whole post with screenshots (it’s just been a couple of seconds and already I want to put up five L shots– and I’m not even L-biased), but it would be criminal of me not to put this up:
 Dongwoo, being all sexy driving a car. And we will never know if the other members got their licenses or not (excluding Woohyun’s motorcycle license, that is)

Sunggyu starts off the main part of the song, and we get a proper feel of the song now– hard and dramatic, and pretty awesome, really. Gyu-nim’s voice is really nice and distinct in this song, not even close to being too nasally. And can I just say he looks really nice with this hairstyle? He also looks unbelievably young for some reason.


After a line from Dongwoo, Woohyun comes forward, showing off his muscled arms. Actually, one of my favourite things about this MV is the clothes. I love kind of dark, kind of out-there clothes like these, stuff you’d really be surprised to see a guy wearing down the street.
Also, Sungyeol shot is necessary:


Sungjong starts his part, and I have to say, I really like his voice here. So sweet and feminine, it really fits.

-fangirl spazz-
Hoya! Doesn’t get a proper shot (it’s a fast MV for the most parts, when they’re not posing) but he’s dancing in front and also showing off his arms. Actually I'd have to say Hoya's clothes are the ones I like the least in this MV. Also, getting satisfactory Hoya shots in this MV was difficult for me, since he was mostly dancing.

This is really reminding me of my Coffee Shop MV review, which was just littered with mostly Himchan screenshots I couldn’t resist. Honestly I found L kind of plain before, but right now I cannot help but want to save every frame he comes up in. He’s really good at giving the look with his guy-lined eyes.

Sunggyu starts off the chorus and it is, thank goodness, really good. A lot of good songs get ruined by terrible or out-of-place choruses (like, in my opinion, The Chaser and SHINee’s Breaking News). With a lighter beat, but very dramatic and cool to listen to. We also get the guys in a new set. Personally I liked Sunggyu’s previous styling, but Woohyun looks better here.


You can't tell, but that's Hoya
We also get Hoya’s solo set, him in an abandoned warehouse (looking terribly like this second dance set). All the INFINITE guys got solo ‘sets’ here, mostly outside, actually: Hoya with this chair and warehouse; Sunggyu in a warehouse too; Dongwoo in the car; L walking in an alley; Sungjong in a neighbourhood; Sungyeol walking down an empty street and Woohyun too.

Dongwoo starts his rap, and we get a very nice shot of him in the other styling:
As much as I liked the first styling, you cannot deny a man in a good hat. I also really like the rap in this song, and I say this as someone who much prefers singing to rapping.

Sunggyu starts singing again, and we get a nice succession of shots I have to include:


L is shown in the second styling, but his first was much better. Not only because his first one was spectacularly awesome, but also this second one feels terribly plain.

Sungjong looks so pretty when he’s stunned (and can I say I just love his hair up like this!) and he has a good reason to be, since he’s just found someone just as pretty as himself.
And you thought someone else could be as pretty as Sungjong.

 
We get the first Sungyeol shot in a while (another guy who looks really nice with the up-hair) and I realize for the first time that he’s really nicely dressed! Being tall and nicely proportioned, everything looks good on him, but it also gives the stylists freedom to put him in coats. I love guys in coats.

And we get a third dance set. Much more casual, normal clothing. Hoya also starts his rap, and now I will try my best to put as many satisfactory screenshots as possible.
 
 
Hoya’s rap is slower, and I think I like Dongwoo’s better, though I enjoy this one as well.

 
Everyone seems to be getting a headache due to Hoya’s rap. Wait, no, it’s just the older ones. Never mind.

 
L collapses and looks hot doing it.


And something happens to Woohyun too. I don’t know what, but it’s something.

Hoya has a rage-fit.

Sungjong’s twin gets smoked by the sun.

Hoya’s rage-fit has exploded into fire. Literally.

Sungjong seems miserable after losing his vampire-sun-smoked-twin.

And L is a vampire too. What the everloving what is happening this MV?

 
Sungyeol isn’t a vampire, but appears to be Ghost Rider. Without the bike.

Some semblance of normalcy is restored with Dongwoo looking awesome with that awesome, dangly earring.

This video has so many things happening right now, with Ghost Rider Sungyeol and Smoked Vampire L. I’m just gonna keep screencapping Dongwoo, because I’m not even listening anymore.


And the song ends. What? What happened? Did Sungyeol’s hand return to normal? Where did L and Sungjong’s Twin go? What exactly happened to Woohyun? Did anything else happen to Sunggyu and Dongwoo, except a little headache? Did all of Hoya’s clothes burn off?!

I tried to make some sense of this MV at the end, so I looked up the lyrics. It's about the main character wanting his love back, so I guess all this is showing desperation and all, since no one seems to be able to control what's happening to them, and there's a lot of pain and misery going on.

This MV has definite replay power, as does the song itself. An awesome MV in my opinion, and possibly my favourite in 2013 so far. (One Shot hit me harder than I've ever been hit with an MV, but it's so difficult for me to watch it) I’m a definite INFINITE fan now, and I hope you’ll enjoy them too.

I can’t say what my next post will be–B.A.P’s Hurricane or B2ST’s Shadow–but I hope to get it out soon. Meanwhile, I’m working on squeezing jokes, K-Pop and fangirling into 160 characters, so follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment