Saturday 6 July 2013

My Thoughts On: Xia Junsu’s 11am Special Clip MV



People, I need to spazz over Junsu right now and I don’t care that it’s not really a ‘proper’ MV. It’s gorgeous and it must be spazzed over, and it’s the Special Clip MV off LOEN’s channel.

Okay, if you’ve even gone a little bit through my Tarantallegra post, you’ll know I adore Junsu. My sisters are convinced he’s my ultimate bias. I don’t have an ultimate bias. But damn it if Junsu’s not up there. This clip is just another spurring on of my fan-love. And I have to spazz more online, my sisters aren’t fans so I can’t fangirl around them.



The clip is shot all in one go, the first in Korea, CJeS says. Seriously, Junsu is so impressive in this. I can’t imagine how many times he had to film this. I’m just gonna put this out there now: Junsu looks gorgeous in this. (I’m actually adding this in after I’ve written a lot of the post.) This song is too sad, too serious, for me to just burst out how gorgeous he is in this, so I have to say it now. Let’s get his album teaser pic and one choice screenshot in:
I'm sorry, I'll admit I got lazy choosing the shot, but he's just amazing all through


 The clip starts with some shots of the scenery. The intro is a little too long for my liking, and it’s all silence. It’s– wait a minute, that wasn’t a continuous shot! Alright, I guess they mean just all the bits with Junsu.
 


We finally get Junsu, and he stars off in a gentle, quiet voice. There is no background music. He doesn’t need it.
Don’t be afraid to turn the volume up if you have to. You’ll regret it if you don’t.

I’d really recommend watching the video first without the closed caption subs. If you’re watching the subs, you’ll miss Junsu’s expressions. Really, he seems like his whole heart’s into this, he’s really feeling what he’s singing. This little half-amused nod he does in the beginning, it really tapped my heart.

I could fill this post with screenshots of Junsu’s expressions. He just makes this song sound so perfectly tragic– with that shaking voice of his you don’t need the subs to get he’s in pain.

The sad smiles… I hate them because they’re so good, they look so real, they make me feel like he’s weighing my heart down.

No. No, no, no, no, no. This is just so, so much worse. This expression… it’s like if he goes just a little further he’ll start crying. This is when my throat first closed up, when I had to swallow and tell myself to pull away otherwise I’d just be that teenage girl, home alone, crying watching the computer screen. 
Actually, it's said that Junsu did cry when recording the song. I'm not surprised. The song is so emotional.



After some terribly good voice-trembling that makes my heart quiver, piano starts up. It adds a nice touch to the song, but I only felt like I was missing it after hearing it. The picture warms up, like it’s sunset now.

The rest of the song continues like that, and you can hear sounds from the surroundings– probably stuff the editing team added in later, since they didn’t do a damn thing in this clip. The song will end a little white later, and you’ll pause for a moment, and check the video length. It’s supposed to be 4 minutes 41 seconds, longer than a normal song, but it really doesn’t feel like it to me. It never does.


End of the post. This one seems tiny, doesn’t it, compared to Coffee Shop, Why so Serious? or even Junsu’s other MV post Tarantallegra?
The reason is simple: I can’t even describe this MV clip. There is really nothing describable in this. You have towatch it. No words or screenshots could ever convey what the video, his expression, his voice conveys. Xia Junsu is so talented and wonderful and this clip is the perfect video to show it.

No comments:

Post a Comment