Sunday 11 August 2013

My Thoughts On: VIXX’s G.R.8.U MV


(I wrote so much of this review, but then there was a power cut and I lost all of it ;_;)

Sorry B2ST, just saw this MV, and I adored it so much I have to write this >.<
Starlights, this is only my third VIXX MV, so if I make any mistakes, feel free to leave a comment and correct me :)

VIXX are back with the perfect summer song G.R.8.U, off their mini Jekyll. Warm colours, sweet smiles and lyrics, everything’s there in this MV that is sure to please. I have to warn you, though, I’m quite sure this was made keeping Starlights in mind, but if you like adorkable guys you’ll enjoy it.


The MV starts off with a little bit of VIXX’s last song, Hyde, and then we pan out to where all the members are lying on the floor, and N jumps up to greet us with a cute look.

 Right off, you notice that everything’s moving in backwards motion. Very cool. I’m actually wondering how they did this. Y’know, right after I finish staring at N’s hair. Seriously, it’s such a vivid red, it almost hurts my eyes, especially since the setting is so pastel.

Our handsome Leo then joins us, and his hair’s short again after he grew it for Hyde. I think I like it better short, though it was plenty charming when long.

Hyuk! My gorgeous bias who I literally know nothing about, except that I loved his lines in Hyde. Really, he looks so cute blonde! Joins my short list of biases I love blonde (with B2ST’s Hyunseung and B.A.P’s Daehyun). Also:
I am so shipping Hyuk×Hongbin now. Seriously, they’re both too cute! Anybody know what they’re called? Hyukbin seems a little weird, to be honest.

Wait, I’m going off-track. MV, I–

 -slaps self-
Okay, now I’m really back on track. We get a nice close-up of Hongbin in that other setting where blonde Hyuk looked so good, and Hongbin looks so cute! Must screencap.

 Must also screencap strongly red-haired N.

 Strongly red-haired N takes us into chorus, which is pretty nice. Upbeat but not too strong, it fits the whole song very nicely. The lyrics, all through out the song actually, are really sweet and pleasant.

As Leo sings the other half of the chorus after N, we see that the VIXX guys just seem to be having a good, rowdy time in the room that they have completely messed up. Seriously, my dad would blow like a nuclear bomb if he ever saw this.

Oh, cute Hongbin and Ravi shots:


 Ken finally gets some screentime, and I really do like his voice. I want to add a screenshot, but Hongbin pops up again and I feel I’ll have way too many shots of him if I keep adding them at this rate.


No, I did not just crack to this newfound love for Hongbin, I just wanted to point out he’s wearing contacts! I know I could’ve done that with the Ken shot, but… there’s a reason… I just… y’know…
Okay, moving on.

My video quality is kind of dodgy, but look, Ravi’s doing a cartwheel! And his hat stayed on! Wow. This rapper is impressive.

Ken looking handsome and manly.


And another Hyuk×Hongbin moment. Kyaa~

There’s something about Hyuk that reminds me of Henry. Right? You know Henry, the SJ member who now also has a solo career? Are they similar at all, Starlights+ELFs? Maybe it’s the expressions they give (particularly this one of Hyuk) or that they seem cute and impressive simultaneously.

Damn it, Hongbin, you’re becoming another Himchan right now.

And then we go into third setting, where it’s like a ripped-paper effect. Like, the VIXX members have been ripped out of magazines and put in scrapbooks. It’s pretty cool. I’ll try and screencap it nicely:
 
 
 
 Guys, doesn’t Ravi remind you somewhat of B1A4’s Baro? They kind of look the same, sound the same, and I feel like they’d act the same too. Do they? Any Starlights+BANAs here to confirm?

 
There’re actually a lot of different outfits they’re in, like from different magazines. Ken’s looking good at the beach, and Hyuk’s just showing off, really.


Not enough Leo in this.


Or Ravi. Or N.


Back to their party room, and N is like a kid on sugar, throwing tissues out of a box. Also, dear editors/directors, stop showing Hyuk and Hongbin, I keep wanting to screenshot them and the only thing stopping me is the dreadfully long upload time.

Ravi starts off his rap by bashing his face in with a bat. Okay, maybe not literally, but it’s true!
Wow the quality is bad, but in the TV screen it is Ravi!
I quite like his rap. This is like the first upbeat VIXX song I’ve ever heard, and so I’m pleased to hear him not rap angry (as my sister calls it). Also, the Baro resemblance is just killing me now.


 
Ravi snapshots because he’s just too adorable right now.

 
 
I might’ve also added Leo and Ken in out of guilt, because I felt the need to screenshot Hyuk.

 
 
 
Too much cuteness! Too much >.<
Ya, Leo, why do you look cool instead of cute? Not fair, dude.

We then go into the dance set, but I really didn’t enjoy that much. I’ll take more cute fan-service shots, thanks.

Now I feel kind of bad, because I denied so many Hongbin shots but crumbled at every Hyuk one.

N. To kind of even it out, I guess. Leo’s doing ad-libs now, so I won’t be screencapping him because he doesn’t look as sexy as XIA Junsu when he does them.


 
Happy, Hongbin biased? I couldn’t stop myself this last time.

And the MV ends.
 


I really did like this MV, and the song too. Quintessential summer song, like XIA Junsu’s Incredible. A nice contrast from On and On and Hyde, and something to make you really interested in knowing more about VIXX.

B.A.P’s Badman is next on my list, or maybe even B2ST’s Hard to Love; How to Love album. If you ever wanna chat, or fangirl together, or introduce me to your favourite K-Pop band, don’t hesitate to contact me on Twitter. 


EDIT: OMG I just saw that VIXX actually filmed the scenes in the room normally. While singing their lines backwards. That is fucking daebak.  VIXX, you guys are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment